martes, 2 de mayo de 2017

Honorable Hombre

02-05 Abril 2016

How do you call a man you find yourself loving,
a man who loves you back.
Born in a house of fang, fire and storms,
just like yourself.

A person who shares the same love for humankind as yourself,
someone who's proven he'll risk his life for you
as you've risked your life for him,
as you thought life would be unbearable without him,
it so appears he thought the same about life without me.

And what else do we have of worth for sure?
people with sane logic would ask.

But how can you ask sane logic,
from who's witnessed me survive absurd odds,
seen poor souls set ablaze by my mana,
karma walking among humans...

Life in the present,
a present is for sure,
but what about life without love,
is not worth it if you ask me.

I've written for women before,
but I've never written for a man other than myself.
I've found myself in love with him, I honor this man.
He cherishes my life, and I cherish his.

The word 'friend' is thrown around so lightly,
and 'brother' doesn't seem to suffice.
A man who didn't fall in the deception of hate,
he always knew my friendship was sincere.

A man who sees in you,
the same god you can see in him.
someone who never speaks of god in vain,
I would never speak of this man in vain either.

I believe this is the kind of love
that could lead men to live in peace,
we've share bed without ever feeling the need to touch,
and yet I feel as if I've disrespected our friendship for clarifying that,
I slept so peacefully at so little distance beside him.

I've seen him heartbroken
after one of many rounds
of the search for that special her,
he searched with an impetuous heart
and a patient soul,
just like I used to search.

I had been running with imaginary wounds
 through an illusory battlefield for a long time,
not minding my deep injuries,
I was fighting myself.

I kept on swinging my sword alone
 as if fighting was my dance,
I never got anyone hit,
 it was a childish playtime for me,
but I raised a little dusty swirl wind
 that got the attention of the heavens.

I felt alone for ages and called myself an outcast,
maybe god led me to find this other exiled
 who returned home to find wisdom.

At the sight of my dance
 he thought I was so brave and funny,
 but ignorant as well.

Juggling old and new ideas like an harlequin,
but calling them my own like a buffoon,
a quasi-safe game needed to learn what is truly dangerous.

He's also introduced me to his family as one of their own,
I no longer feel alone, I'm in company all the time.
He's helped me heal some of my many wounds,
and one that was bleeding badly,
would've had me dead if that was possible,
immortal wounds ache forever.

I now try to learn to dance to a new tune that won't harm us,
and I keep my sword away from tormented winds,
well... almost all the time n_n

So how do you call a man
who's welcomed you to a timeless house of love?
the kind of love that goes beyond time and borders,
the kind of love the world needs right now.
For now, until I earn a place at their home
not only his heart.
And until I find a better suiting word...
I can only call him hermano, my sibling.

Our friendship is el zarpazo de la paz.

No hay comentarios: